Why travel to just one destination when you could see the world instead? A world round trip is a once in a lifetime experience. It is something that you will not only remember for an eternity but it will shape who you are. You will witness such diverse cultures and learn something with every destination you visit. Culture is not the only benefit, there are so many reasons why you should take a trip around the world. You will get to see all of the well-known tourist attractions, you will witness natural beauty that you thought was only stuff of fairy tales, you will meet so many new people and you can do all of this without having to spend a lot of money. What’s not to love?
- Book in advance – In the past, there was a craze for booking at the very last minute in order to find the best deals. This is no longer the case. Flights tend to come on sale approximately 11 months before your flight date. The sooner you book them the better. This is how you are going to get the most for your money. Nowadays a lot of airlines start their prices off at ‘x’ rate and when a certain amount have been booked they add a percentage on and so on and so forth until the plane is full.
- Buy a quality backpack – Your backpack is going to be used a lot whilst you travel around the world and thus investing in quality is imperative. The last thing you want is to be traveling from country to country when your straps snap!
- Travel insurance – Don’t underestimate how important a travel insurance policy. What if you were to have an accident whilst abroad or lose your personal belongings? You want the assurance that you are going to be covered. Remember; you pay for what you get, so merely looking for the cheapest policy is not advised.
- Talk, talk, talk – Meeting new people is what the experience is all about. Talk to other travellers and converse with the locals. Not only will you meet some amazing people, but they will be able to recommend some of the best places as well.
- Sort out your first few nights of accommodation – The whole fun behind backpacking is having the flexibility to go where you like. However, you should at least book your first two night’s accommodation. There is nothing worse than arriving at a new destination and having to carry your backpack around whilst looking for somewhere to stay. Plus, you don’t have to stay in hostels if you don’t want to. Some of the most scenic places in the world offer affordable and comfortable lodges and inns. Do a quick search of West Yellowstone lodging if your round the world trip involves exploring the U.S. You will see exactly what we mean.
- Open dated vouchers – Keep an eye out for these. They allow you to book an activity in advance but you are not restricted to a set date. Thus, if there is something you really want to do you can book a voucher at a great rate and have it already paid for.
So there you have it: some useful tips to help you plan the round the world trip of your dreams. Enjoy!