Life is all about timing and so of course when planning a trip timing is key. For a beach holidays this is even more critical as you really need to know if you’ll be visiting during the rainy season or if you’ll be basking in glorious sunshine.
But since we don’t want to overpay just because it’s the high season for your destination, a little planning and a nod to timing is in order. So let’s put school holidays aside and plan the perfect trip.
- Beginning of December through to the end of April brings sunshine every single day, hardly a drop of rain and the perfect temperatures
- March and April however the temperatures reach 100 deg F
- And once you get into rainy season in Thailand it’s not much fun as the downpours are heavy so avoid August for that summer holiday
- Summer is swelteringly hot while winter can be cool
- March to May and September to November are great though
- Seoul is a wonderful city to walk around but avoid August as it’s humid and December to February because of the cold
- May is the best
- December, January, February is the perfect time for Dubai, it’s not too hot but and there’s an abundance of sun
- Once you get into March the heat rises but still no rain
- Never a sure thing on weather but May seems to be the best bet
- There is always an early warm up but does not stick around but if you time it right, you’ll enjoy a glorious few spring days
- Remember winters have short days like the rest of Europe and it’s no fun being vacationing when it gets dark so early
South of France
- May is the perfect time to visit as the weather has already started to heat up, the crowds are not out yet and prices of hotels are still relatively low
- Once you get into June all the North Americans start to arrive and in July and August the Europeans invade so prices at hotels triple and it’s a zoo
- September is not great even though the weather is hot because evenings become quite short and the sun isn’t strong after 3 PM
- Barcelona and Madrid are full of culture food and fashion but the height of summer is blisteringly hot
- April, May, June, September and October are perfect
- If you’re planning the Costa Del Sol, winter is not great as the weather can be hot and mis so despite the name avoid December, January and February if you want sunshine
- Summer can be the rainy season but winter provides the perfect break all the way from December through to April
- Christmas holiday or spring break getaways are also fantastic as the tropical sun reaches all across Mexico from either side of the coasts
- Side note, March is my favourite time
- Pretty much everywhere in America in the summer is hot, Canada too
- Florida is too hot in the summer and huge storms are frequent
- The desert too is also way too hot so avoid Vegas, Arizona, Palm Springs and Texas, these destinations are great in the spring
- In the summer try New England, the Carolinas , Virginia and Colorado
- Also don’t forget, most of Canada is glorious in the summer
- Winter has to be Florida as it almost always offers the best heat
Daniel Green, the Model Cook is a Celebrity Chef known for his healthy approach to food and living New meaning to the Beatle’s Song I’ll Follow the Sun with this primer on when to book the best getaway well. With TV, books, magazines and live appearances, Daniel spends his time helping fans to cook better, feel better and live better. He’s also an avid traveler and a self-confessed Foodie.
To contact Daniel or learn more visit www.themodelcook.com or follow on Twitter @themodelcook.